Lawn Tennis Association Open Your Doors workshop has been designed to help clubs and coaches to identify some simple steps they can take to become more inclusive and accessible for disabled people.
The workshop covers disability specific activity as well as integrated tennis activity. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the current landscape and potential playing pathways of disability tennis across the 4 main impairments; physical disability, visually impaired, hearing impaired and learning disability.
• Identify new potential partners and organisations who can support you and your club; utilising the Open Your Doors booklet
• Identify best practice for your club to take forward.
• Identify the best possible training opportunities for your clubs coaches and volunteers
• Explain how to gain resources, support and finance in order to deliver this activity
You will notice that there is a £10 course fee to attend, however this workshop will open up the opportunity for clubs and/or coaches to access a small grant to help with your delivery.
Click the link to find out more or to book your place https://www.lta.org.uk/workforce-venues/coach-teach/coach-development-courses/courses/class/?classId=1-IAJ7UYG