Mental health awareness for physical activity and sport
One in four people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year, and we know this is likely to be much higher during the current Coronavirus crisis. Sport and physical activity can play a key role improving mental health and we are committed to supporting the sectors workforce with training in this area.
The three Active Partnerships in the north east are working together with the national charity Mind to roll out free mental health awareness training for the those working within sport and physical activity.
How to access the workshop
You can access the workshop anytime between 16th April 2020 to 25th September 2020
To access this workshop, please add to basket, complete the registration form and a FREE access code with joining instructions will be emailed to you (usual course cost £15.00+VAT)
Who is this workshop for?
Everyone who delivers community sport and physical activity – such as coaches, instructors, youth workers, activators, club staff, front of house staff or volunteers.
What will I learn?
The course will increase your knowledge and understanding of mental health, providing you with the practical skills and strategies to be able to:
• better understand mental health, the misconceptions and how to recognise the red flags
• appreciate the impact and importance of sport and physical activity on mental health
• recognise the barriers to participating in physical activity, and put in place practical ways you can adapt your sessions to overcome them
• understand and connect with people helping to provide an inclusive, person-centred experience
• communicate effectively and offer appropriate guidance
• be confident about opening and holding a conversation about mental health with someone you coach
• make your club or organisation more inclusive, and better prepared to be able to support people experiencing mental health problems
How long does it take?
This course is self-paced and takes approximately 2-3 hours. You can break up your learning and take time out in between completing modules. You will be able to access it whenever you want, at a time that fits in with your lifestyle.
For more information about this workshop or any training enquiry, please contact our empowering people development manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. the course has been awarded 3 Developmental CPD points by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
Please note: upon booking, you will receive a confirmation email. This is advising that your registration has been successful. You will be sent a unique code to allow you to access the online workshop in due course.